It is a well-known and widely accepted fact that Indian like cars with diesel engines. This is just because the diesel engine gives us greater mileage than the petrol engines and diesel is cheaper as compared to petrol.
In the starting diesel engines were complicated, required more maintenance and were noisy but now there have been many corrections. All these corrections have refined the engine and in turn, diesel cars now give a tough competition to petrol cars.
In the market, diesel cars dominate the entry-level B-segment. However, this segment not only comprises hatchbacks but compact sedans and compact SUVs are also available.
So, here are top 5 diesel cars that are available under 6 lakhs and are somehow best in different criteria. Not everyone can afford a car but you can rent it through various zoom car offers. Therefore, do not forget to check them too.
Maruti Swift LDi
Maruti Swift LDi comes with an ex-showroom price of Rs. 5.99 lakhs for its basic model which makes it most expensive diesel car in this price segment. This car has many things going for it but the main focus is the diesel engine it hosts which is the MJD diesel engine sourced by fiat. This engine provides the perfect blend of power and mileage under the DDiS moniker. A very remarkable thing about this car is that it still looks stylish after many years of survival. Maruti’s after sales services are remarkable and its spare parts are cheap as compared to others.
- This car gives a mileage of around 25 kilometers per liter.
- It has a turbocharged 4-cylinder diesel engine with 1248 cc.
- This engine can give a maximum power of 74 BHP and 4000 RPM.
- Although you can get a maximum torque of 190 Nm at 2000 RPM.
- The ex-showroom price of Maruti Swift LDi is Rs. 5.99 lakhs.
Hyundai Grand i10 CRDi Era
One of our another favorite diesel car which made it to this segment of under 6 lakhs is Hyundai Grand i10 CRDi Era. This car is sold at the price of Rs. 5.64 lakhs and the after sale services of Hyundai is remarkable. It is the entry level of the Hyundai Grand i10 but it is very good when it comes to value for money. On the other hand, it comes with a very spacious interior, awesome engine and can provide you a memorable ride.
- It gives a mileage of 24 Kilometers per liter that is pretty close to the Maruti Swift LDi’s mileage.
- Its engine is a turbocharged diesel engine with 4 cylinders and 1186 cc.
- The engine it packs can give the maximum power of 75 BHP at 4000 RPM.
- On the other hand, the peak torque we can attain is 190 Nm at 2250 RPM.
- The ex-showroom price for the base model of Hyundai Grand i10 CRDi Era is Rs. 5.64 lakhs.
Tata Tiago XZ
Tiago can be easily considered as the most modern hatchback ever made by Tata. The best part is that you can get Tata Tiago with all equipment easily under 6 lakhs. It packs a whole new design with many new features and unique quality of the ride. However, it packs many attributes that are only seen in pricier cars. All of these features easily make this car best when it comes to value for money.
- This car provides an amazing mileage of 27.3 kilometers per liter.
- As compared to others, it only has a 3-cylinder engine with 1047 cc but is turbocharged as well.
- 69 BHP at 4000 RPM is the maximum power we can get from this car.
- But the peak torque it can deliver is 140 nm at 3000 RPM.
- Tata Tiago XZ is priced at Rs. 5.65 lakhs only.
Mahindra KUV100 K4
Although Mahindra KUV100 K4 is the only SUV available in the price segment of diesel cars under 6 lakhs Maruti Ignis is way better than this. This car features airy and spacious interiors and a powerful diesel engine. But the main problem is that it hosts some odd design that is not liked by customers. However, you can buy Mahindra KUV K4 trim in the budget of 6 lakhs.
- You can easily get an overall mileage of 25.3 kilometers per liters.
- We get a 3-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine of 1198 cc under the hood.
- This engine can produce maximum energy of 77 BHP at 3750 RPM.
- However, peak torque which it can generate is only 190 nm at 2250 RPM.
Tata Tigor XE
Tata manages to deliver diesel car in the price range of 6 lakhs which is Tata Tigor XE. This is the only sedan available at this price with the ex-showroom price of Rs. 5.41 lakhs only. Apart from being a sedan and providing more boot space than every other hatchback in this article, it lacks many features. The notchback design, on the other hand, is very aesthetic and appealing adding up to its spacious interiors, refined engine, and a good ride. This sedan is also very popular because of its striking price tag.
- A 3-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine of 1047 cc is installed on this car.
- The peak torque we get is 140 nm at 3000 RPM.
- This engine can deliver a maximum power of 69 BHP at 4000 RPM.
- With everything combined, the mileage which we get is 24.7 kilometers per liter.
- You can buy this car at the ex-showroom price of Rs. 5.41 lakhs.
Where it is not just about the market scheme, it is very important to have your own cars and conveyance for a subtle ease that marks comfort. Moreover, buying a car is one of the most complex yet an important decision to be made which carries out your personality and comfortable travels. So, this article might have given you an exact set of purpose which is necessary to idealize “the car”. Not cheap, not easy, make a wise choice and grab amazing offers or cash back related to the filters of choices you have made.