While traveling, you can always fall prey to minor medical ailments that can spoil your holiday. Hence, you must plan your packing with utmost importance to a medical kit that can save you from a sticky spot. Take a look at these pointers to create the ideal medical kit when you are traveling:
- Always take into consideration the kind of climate your destination has. For example, if you are traveling to a tropical and hot region, pack a mosquito repellent and medication for diarrhea. However, if you are traveling to a colder place, it is wise to carry a moisturizer and petroleum jelly to combat dry skin.
- The regular medicines you are on should be of topmost priority. If you have diabetes, blood pressure or thyroid problems, pack your pills with their numbers exceeding the number of days you will be gone.
- Stomach infections are common during holidays. Carry psyllium husk for constipation and ORS and anti-diarrhea pills for loose motions.
- Catching a cold does not take a long time so pack antibiotics and multivitamins too. However, consult your doctor about the dosage before leaving.
- If you plan to spend time outdoors, it is safe to take along items like sterile gauze pads, adhesive tapes, antiseptic and antibiotic ointment, scissors and tweezers.
- The quality of water can never be trusted when going to new places. Take water purification tablets with you if you doubt the quality of water. However, it is always safe to go for packaged mineral water.
Keep these tips in mind when packing your medical kit to have a hassle-free trip.