World Cup semi-final between New Zealand and South Africa at Eden Park, Auckland.
Here is the facts between New Zealand vs South Africa Match.
Photo Credit: ICC Cricket
1) At Eden Park South Africa won three of their last four completed ODIs against New Zealand.
2) Daniel Vettori needs one more wicket to become New Zealand’s leading wicket taker in World Cup history, he is currently tied with Jacob Oram on 36.
3) Martin Guptill hits a ton in this match he will be the third Black Caps player to do so.
4) South Africa have won one and lost seven of the nine semi-finals they have played in all one-day international tournaments.
5) The only one of these that was a knockout match however was New Zealand’s win at the quarter-final stage at Dhaka in 2011.
6) Two more runs will see Guptill become the first Kiwi to score 500+ runs in a single World Cup, Scott Styris hit 499 in 2007.
7) Brendon McCullum has the highest boundaries per ball faced rate (34%) at this tournament.
8) Imran Tahir has bowled more balls (404) than any other player at this tournament; he and Vettori are the joint top wicket taking spinners (both 15).
9) Farhaan Behardien has scored 74 runs off the 36 balls he has faced in the tournament; he has the lowest dot ball percentage of any player (11.1%).
10) This will be the seventh World Cup meeting between these sides with the Black Caps having won four of the previous six encounters.
Captain: Brendon McCullum
Squad: McCullum, Martin Guptill, Kane Williamson, Tom Latham, Ross Taylor, Corey Anderson, Grant Elliott, Daniel Vettori, Luke Ronchi, Nathan McCullum, Tim Southee, Adam Milne, Trent Boult, Mitchell McClenaghan, Kyle Mills
Captain: AB de Villiers
Squad: AB de Villiers, Hashim Amla, Farhaan Behardien, Kyle Abbott, Quinton de Kock, Faf du Plessis, JP Duminy, Imran Tahir, Morne Morkel, David Miller, Wayne Parnell, Aaron Phangiso, Vernon Philander, Rilee Rossouw, Dale Steyn.