World Cup 2015 Near to end now. New Zealand won against South Africa and reached in Final. One of the big match between India and Australia and whoever wins that match reach in final.
Here is some interesting facts about world cup 2015 that you love to know.
1) 1st Time in the World Cup history New Zealand can able to reach in final match.
2) It’s Second time in history that all the host can able to reach in semi final.
3) There’s an extra amount of prize money for the team that remains unbeaten. Therefore, if India or New Zealand wins the match, they will receive $ 4.6 million, instead of $ 4.3 million.
4) Sachin Tendulkar has been made World Cup Ambassador consecutively for two years; 2011 & 2015.
5) Team India and Nike revealed a rather amusing fact about the lightweight team kit. Each jersey and bottoms are made of 33 recycled bottles.
6) Other than the aforementioned fact, the jersey has a Nike logo on the right hand for a right-handed batsman and on the left hand for a left handed batsman.
7) Afghanistan made its World Cup debut.
8) The match between India and Pakistan that was held on 15th of February sold out its tickets within 12 minutes of going on the sale.
9) India Only Host Nation to Win the world cup tournament. They won 2011 World Cup under the captaincy of MS Dhoni against Sri Lanka.
10) Number One Ranked
Number One Ranked Team Participating in World Cup – Australia
Number One Ranked Batsman Participating in World Cup – AB De Villiers
Number One Ranked Bowler Participating in World Cup – Dale Steyn
Number One Ranked All Rounder Participating in World Cup – Shaib Al Hasan
Reference : 10 Lesser Known Facts About World Cup 2015